This simple meditation is just enough to get you centered. Continue longer to quiet and open the mind.
Research shows just 10 minutes a day will lead to better sleep, focus, memory, and overall health and vitality.
- Find a comfortable position where you can sit tall (chair, floor, couch, cushion, against a wall)
- Roll shoulders up and back a few times, releasing tension
- Inhale through the nose and exhale out the mouth a few times to prepare.
Add Aromatherapy via Direct Inhalation:
- Pour 1 drop of your favorite oil or blend into your palm and rub hands together
- Cup hands over face and close eyes.
- Take three full cycles of breath- slow, deep continuous inhales and exhales.
- If aroma is too strong you can pull your hands away from your face a bit.
- Release hands to lap, keeping eyes closed and continue to breath deeply.
- With each inhale: visualize things that make you happy, set an intention and focus on it, ask for clarity and guidance, or simply begin to detach from your thoughts.
- With each exhale: let go of tension, worry, grief, fear and the need to control.
Continue for 10 cycles and then slowly open your eyes and gently return to life.
That’s it! Take a quick break as needed or make it a daily practice.